Shopware 6: What are dynamic product groups?
You use Shopware for your online store and have already heard about dynamic product groups? Then you've come to the right place. We explain everything you need to know about dynamic product groups in Shopware 6 and give you step-by-step instructions on how to create your own product groups for your online store.
Reading time 2 min
- What are dynamic product groups in Shopware 6?
- What can you use them for?
- How can they be created?
- And what does the status of a product group tell you?
Shopware dynamic product groups are products that you have previously formed into groups based on certain rules. These product groups can be displayed in different places of your store. You can easily define them in the backend or edit existing product groups.
You can use dynamic product groups in Shopware, for example, to fill up categories, to enable product comparisons or to fill product sliders. By creating these product groups, you can improve your online store, make it clearer and provide more information for customers.
When you create categories for your products, you can fill them with a correspondingly created product group. This is a good idea, for example, for items from a particular manufacturer or items for a particular occasion.
If you want to create a product comparison, you also need to use dynamic product groups to fill the feed with appropriate content. You can find out exactly how to create a product comparison in the Shopware product comparison guide itself.
You can also fill product sliders with dynamic product groups in the Shopware experience worlds. This way, you can select a block to play out the corresponding information in the slider.
To be able to create dynamic product groups, you have to search in Shopware in the admin area under catalogs. There you will also find the item dynamic product groups. In the first view you can see which product groups already exist. These are clearly listed with a name, a description, the date of the last change and the status of the product group. On the far left of a product group you have the possibility to delete or edit the product group. In this overview you can also create a completely new product group. To do this, click on the "Create product group" field.
And this is how you proceed if you want to create a new Shopware dynamic product group:
- First, click on the button "Create product group".
- Now enter a name and a description for the product group in the Settings field.
- Then you go to the point "Conditions" and can create corresponding rules there. This way you define which articles should belong to this product group.
- For this you have to specify a property (1) and a condition (2) that should be given.
- If you want to create an additional condition, just click on the "AND" button and you can specify the additional condition there.
- If you want an item to fulfill not one condition and another one, but one condition or another one, you can use the "OR" button (4) for this purpose.
- Another option for nesting conditions is to create a subcondition. If you have also created a subcondition for your condition, both conditions must be met for an article to belong to the Shopware dynamic product group. By the way, you can also create another subcondition to your subcondition and so on.
- In the context menu you have the option to create a new condition after or before your first condition.
- If you have created all conditions for your product group, you can see in the preview which articles would now belong to the dynamic product group.
The status of a product group tells you whether it is currently active and has valid rules. If this is the case, it can be used in your store. If the rules are no longer valid, then the product group is also invalid. This can happen, for example, if the rules you set include a plugin, but it is deactivated. Thus, the entire product group can not be played out.
We hope you enjoyed this article and you can use our online store tips and tricks for your own Shopware store to make it even better. If you still have questions or need help, you can always contact our Shopware experts. We are happy to help you and offer comprehensive service and support for your Shopware online store. Simply contact us by phone now!
Was ist dein Projekt? Wenn du uns darüber erzählen möchtest, rufen wir dich zurück!
We're doing the big Shopware 6 and Shopify comparison so you can find out which is better suited for your company's online store.
In this article, we will show you how to place the Custom Products options below the variants by customizing the Shopware theme.
With the new Shopware release comes a new feature: the Flow Builder. We'll show you what it's for and how you can use it in your online store.