Jobs and careers at EXWE in Dortmund and Düsseldorf
Rethinking software development is not a vision for us, it is our daily business
Jobs for people with a passion for digitalization, web & software development and e-commerce
This is what we stand for and are committed to
EXWE is a spin-off from the studies of Yuri Struszczynski and Chris Apfelbeck, who jointly completed a Master's degree in Applied Computer Science at TU Dortmund University. Founded in 2016 by Yuri Struszczynski and joined by Chris Apfelbeck in 2019, EXWE has evolved from a web design agency to an IT service provider for digitalization. As a software development and technology company, we connect people with technology both online and offline.
EXWE works every day to make the most of the opportunities offered by its divisions: Software, E-Commerce, Web Applications and Digital Consulting. In addition to the vision of offering all customers lasting added value, it is precisely this that distinguishes our company and creates a working experience that is both fresh and inspiring and at the same time secure and economical.
Our customers are always the focus of our thoughts and actions. We offer our customers an outstanding development process and a unique support experience, which we continuously optimize. We now have more than 110 customers in 6 countries. Our focus is on ideas and solutions that offer our customers, partners and employees added value.
Our vision is to unite different people from different nations in one company with a common mission. To achieve this, we are looking for new companions who inspire and are committed to creating shared value with team spirit. We have flat hierarchies and no one is superior to anyone else. One for all, all for one.
Top employer with award
Our employees rate us with an average of 4.8 points on kununu. This score is higher than the IT industry average of just 3.8 points.
Trainer for equal opportunities
Become a trainer at EXWE and give trainees a job with security and support for their future in IT.
Environmentalist for prospects
We live environmental protection and sustainability. Join us on our way to becoming a climate-neutral company. Now and in the future!
Living and working in Dortmund
Dortmund is becoming an increasingly attractive place to live in the middle of the Ruhr region thanks to its diverse range of cultural, historical and sporting events. Dortmund is a lively and historic city in North Rhine-Westphalia that offers many advantages for people who want to live and work there. Some of the reasons are:
- Dortmund has a rich culture and history, which is reflected in its many museums, theaters, historic buildings and events.
- The city is a popular place for sports enthusiasts, especially soccer fans, as it is home to BVB Borussia Dortmund.
- Dortmund has a well-developed infrastructure and is well connected to the national transport network.
- It offers a good school and educational infrastructure, with numerous schools and colleges in the city and surrounding areas.
- Dortmund has a strong economy and offers job opportunities in various industries, particularly in mechanical engineering, chemicals, services, logistics and IT.
- It has an active start-up scene that is supported by companies and institutions.
- Housing is cheaper here compared to other cities in Germany and there is a wide range of housing options, from historic old apartments to modern new-build apartments.
All these factors contribute to making Dortmund an attractive place to live and work.
What makes Dortmund an interesting IT location in particular?
- Dortmund has gained in importance as an IT location in recent years. Some of the reasons for this are:
- The University of Dortmund is one of the leading universities in Germany for computer science and offers a wide range of study programs and research activities in the field of information technology.
- There is an active start-up scene in Dortmund, supported by companies specializing in the development of new technologies and business models.
- Dortmund is part of the Ruhr area, one of the largest economic regions in Germany. The strong industrial presence in the region has led to a high demand for IT services and products.
- The city has focused on promoting the growth of companies in key sectors such as healthcare technology, energy efficiency and production technology, all of which have a strong need for IT solutions.
All of these factors have contributed to Dortmund's reputation as an attractive location for IT companies and talent.
Living and working in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf has many advantages as a place to live and work. Some of the most important reasons are:
- It is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city with a strong cultural and leisure scene, including theaters, museums, restaurants and nightlife.
- The city has a well-developed infrastructure and is well connected to the national transportation network, both by car and by public transport.
- Düsseldorf has a high quality of life and offers a wide range of housing options, from historic old apartments to modern new-build apartments.
- It offers a good school and education infrastructure, with numerous schools and universities in the city and surrounding areas.
- Düsseldorf has a strong economy and offers a wide range of job opportunities in various industries, particularly in the financial sector, retail, media and creative industries.
All these factors contribute to making Düsseldorf an attractive place to live and work.
What makes Düsseldorf particularly interesting as an IT location?
- Düsseldorf is an important city in North Rhine-Westphalia and an important location for business and culture in Germany. Some of the reasons why Düsseldorf is attractive as a location are:
- It is the capital of North Rhine-Westphalia, one of the most important economic and population centers in Germany.
- Düsseldorf is an important financial center and is home to numerous banks, insurance companies and other financial service providers.
- The city is also an important location for media and communication, with numerous television and radio stations as well as publishing houses and agencies.
- Düsseldorf is an important trade fair location and hosts several major trade fairs and exhibitions throughout the year, particularly in the fashion, textile, media and consumer goods sectors.
- It has a well-developed infrastructure, such as the airport, rail transportation and cars, as well as a good supply of housing and educational facilities.
As a result, Düsseldorf has a strong economy and is an attractive location for companies and talent from various sectors.
Rigid structures or guidelines? Our aim is for you to feel comfortable with us, because this is the only way to create a good working dynamic.
That's why we do without the following things:
6 steps to your new job!
Simply apply using the form below or take a look at our vacancies in detail on Join and apply there. In both cases, we will get back to you.
After you have submitted your application, we will get back to you within a few days. Our aim is to provide applicants with quick and uncomplicated feedback without unnecessarily prolonging the application process.
Have you received positive feedback from us? Perfect, then let's make an appointment for a video call. During a relaxed conversation, we'll give you a brief introduction to our company, get to know your background better and get a first personal impression of each other.
We made a good impression on you in the video call and we are convinced that you would fit into our team! Great, now it's time to meet us on site. Take a look at your future workplace and get to know your colleagues.
Did you get to know us well, are you motivated and want to get started with us? Then sign your contract and become part of the EXWE team.
Your first day in your new job has arrived. You will start in our office with intensive onboarding, where we will show you all the important things so that you can quickly work independently. Nervousness and questions - no problem. Your new team colleagues will always be happy to help you!
interesting posts from our tech blog for you on this topic
Find out what your customers expect from you and what you can do to save your store - digital transformation as an opportunity and a challenge
How our own custom software helps us grow and combines CRM, project management and resource planning.